Challenge Rules

9 week challenge - January 23 - March 25

Each participant contributes $20 to the Prize Pot.

4 Point Categories: exercise, challenge participation, weight loss challenge & Blog participation.

Exercise: You will receive 1 point for every 30 minutes of exercise for up to 5 hours. Anyone who completes 5 hours will receive 15 points. No extra points will be awarded for hours over 5. Exercise should be intentional and challenging.

Weekly Challenge Participation: You will receive 1 point for each day you complete the weekly challenge. If you complete every day of the week you will receive 10 points. (weekly challenges are listed on the right)

Weight Challenge: If you maintain your weight for the week you get 5 points. If you lose any weight for the week you get 8 points.

This challenge is about more than weight loss, we want the focus to be on creating good habits and feeling healthy. But we recognize that some of you may desire to lose weight and you should be rewarded with additional points.

Blog Participation: You will receive 5 points for each week that you post an update, thoughts or motivation on the blog. Setting goals works best when you have people to share with and report to, use the blog as a way to motivate and encourage each other.

Make up Points: If you miss a day of the weekly challenge you can earn 4 make up points. If you do the challenge from the previous week, every day for the current week, you can get 4 bonus points. You must do the previous weeks challenge in addition to the current week and do it perfectly to earn the 4 points. You are only eligible for the bonus points if you missed a day from the previous week, you cannot have a perfect week and keep doing the previous weeks challenge to earn 4 additional points.


Saturday, March 24, 2012

Time Flies

I can't believe that we have been doing this for nine weeks! As I look back, I think the most helpful challenge for me was the first week--keeping a food journal. Myfitnesspal.com is invaluable in helping with this!! It really opened my eyes to the bad choices I was making.

Except for the no refined flour or sugar week, I actually enjoyed every challenge. My kids were also caught up in it..."what's your challenge this week mom?" "Mom, can I have some apple juice? You can't have it though because of your challenge!"

My husband really liked the veggies week. I'm not a huge fan of veggies--I serve at least one serving of them for dinner every night, but since we had to eat so many, I served more. He was in heaven. (I sure wish I liked them as much as he does!)

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words and helpful posts. It really has been a pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment