Challenge Rules

9 week challenge - January 23 - March 25

Each participant contributes $20 to the Prize Pot.

4 Point Categories: exercise, challenge participation, weight loss challenge & Blog participation.

Exercise: You will receive 1 point for every 30 minutes of exercise for up to 5 hours. Anyone who completes 5 hours will receive 15 points. No extra points will be awarded for hours over 5. Exercise should be intentional and challenging.

Weekly Challenge Participation: You will receive 1 point for each day you complete the weekly challenge. If you complete every day of the week you will receive 10 points. (weekly challenges are listed on the right)

Weight Challenge: If you maintain your weight for the week you get 5 points. If you lose any weight for the week you get 8 points.

This challenge is about more than weight loss, we want the focus to be on creating good habits and feeling healthy. But we recognize that some of you may desire to lose weight and you should be rewarded with additional points.

Blog Participation: You will receive 5 points for each week that you post an update, thoughts or motivation on the blog. Setting goals works best when you have people to share with and report to, use the blog as a way to motivate and encourage each other.

Make up Points: If you miss a day of the weekly challenge you can earn 4 make up points. If you do the challenge from the previous week, every day for the current week, you can get 4 bonus points. You must do the previous weeks challenge in addition to the current week and do it perfectly to earn the 4 points. You are only eligible for the bonus points if you missed a day from the previous week, you cannot have a perfect week and keep doing the previous weeks challenge to earn 4 additional points.


Sunday, March 18, 2012

With a Little Help From My Friends

I am so grateful I decided to participate in this health challenge.  It has really helped me see ways I can change my habits and improve my quality of life.  I can't believe we are to the last week!  Great job everyone.  We are almost there!

This past week, it was tough facing the fact that I needed to repeat last weeks challenge.  Monday morning, I was still lacking the determination I needed to press on when, Kay Little, my sweet neighbor and fellow challenge member, made and brought me a dozen delicious "kosher" muffins.  Her thoughtful act got me moving forward again.  Then, just an hour or two later, Rebecca Pond, another friend and fellow challenge member, called to let me know she was going to show her support by repeating the challenge with me.  I protested her insanity, but she insisted.  We both passed up some delicious looking homemade pie and ice cream at Relief Society.  What a friend to be there for me like that.

I hope I can be more like these ladies and reach out to others as they reached out to me.  I have felt an outpouring of love and support from my family, friends, and even those of you who only know me through this blog.  Thank you.

Let us all press on!

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you did the last two weeks at the same time. You Rock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some ways it was easier. By the time I had eaten a serving or two of vegetables each meal I was satisfied. Then to curb the sweet craving I would eat a piece of whole wheat toast with cashew butter and honey. I did wish I could dip my veggies in some ranch dressing though.

      Delete